Isn’t surfing the internet one of the most favorite hobbies of yours? Of course, it must be! With the immense amount of knowledge and information from the internet, you can definitely get through with the best results!
You can surely get through with the pleasure of surfing all throughout the day! But now imagine this! You are to start off on an important assignment and suddenly when you open your Google Chrome browser you find the terrifying dns_probe_finished_no_internet Error on your computer screen!
Now isn’t that stressful and embarrassing at the same time? Of course, it is! You are now completely stressed with how to complete your assignment on time and also embarrassed that this problem has occurred to you!
But then again are you sure that your internet is necessarily at fault here? Well, why don’t you check again? Because apparently if you are getting to the page to get a solution then there are high chances you already know that your internet is working just fine!
Then what is the reason why the dns_probe_finished_no_internet Error is troubling you at all? Let us help you understand the same in details and get you through with the solutions as well! But before that understanding what DNS actually is, is equally important for you!
What is DNS?
Well DNS is nothing other than the Domain Name Server. This is the tool that helps download the web pages in the first place! But then again, from whom does it download these web pages from?
From the hosts of course! The hosts are the cloud storages where the web pages are safely stored! And this is one of the most important reasons why the DNS have to download them. In the dns_probe_finished_no_internet Error, this is exactly what the DNS fails at.
Will, you not like to know why exactly? Well, we would love to enlighten you about the same of course!
What are the reasons for dns_probe_finished_no_internet Error?
Following are few of the most important reason why you may have to deal with the dns_probe_finished_no_internet Error in the first place:
- The browser compatibility:
This is one of the major problems to look into. The browser problems is practically a problem that you might want to take a look at. This generally happens when the browser that you are working with is not quite compatible with the operating system that you are working on! now, this can be an issue but mostly it is not that!
- Router issues:
The problem is that the internet is not connecting and thus the router can also be held responsible at times! Of course, you must understand that in order to hold the router responsible, you must also completely check with the computer problems in the first place!
- Software unknown to you:
Now, this can not only be problematic but also dangerous to you. In case and unknown software has been downloaded to your computer, then this problem can arise. You never will know that how this is functioning. Also, your privacy is at risk and thus you will have to ensure that it is something that you take care of!
- Firewall problems:
The internet security can at times be stricter than your parents and this is one of the major reasons why you must make sure that the Firewall is well taken care of! This is certainly something that can create trouble for you and the settings must be checked with to be assured of the same.
- Outdated network driver:
Well, this is also one problem that you simply cannot overlook! Most of the times, the network driver is simply outdated and things can get messy. And this is the exact reason why you must get through with the knowledge of the same!
These are some of the pretty common causes why the dns_probe_finished_no_internet Error is appearing on your screen! Let us move ahead and come up with a few solutions that can be the best for you all in all!
- 1 Methods To Fix “DNS probe finished no internet” Issue
- 1.1 Method 1: You can change the DNS to the Google DNS or that of the Open DNS
- 1.2 Method 2: You can also use the command prompt
- 1.3 Method 3: Releasing and renewing the IP address
- 1.4 Method 4: You will have to clear the very Cache in Chrome
- 1.5 Method 5: You can reinstall chrome or maybe you can try other browsers
Methods To Fix “DNS probe finished no internet” Issue
Following are various things that you can try in order to get through with the solution to the problem of the dns_probe_finished_no_internet Error:
Method 1: You can change the DNS to the Google DNS or that of the Open DNS
Changing the DNS of the system to that of the Google DNS is an easy solution. You can absolutely adapt to it for the best results. Following are the steps to follow:
- Firstly you will have to go to the Network Connection on that of the Windows PC that you have. You can easily do so without much trouble at all. All you will have to do is make sure that you are clicking on the search bar on the left-hand side bottom of the screen. And then type in Network settings!
- Then you will have to right click on the Network connection that you are using. Then you will have to go to the properties of the same!
- Then you will have to look up the “Internet Protocol Version 4”. And then you will have to select this option for yourself as well. Then again you will have to select the option of the properties.
- Then there will be 2 options in front of you, the first one being ‘Obtain DNS server address automatically’ and then the next one will be ‘Use the following DNS server addresses:’You will have to select the ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’, then you will have to fill up the spaces.
- You will have to put in the values of the DNS as mentioned here: Preferred DNS server: 126.96.36.199 and then the Alternate DNS server: 188.8.131.52
- You can also use the Open DNS and that will have the values of the Alternatively, you can also use OpenDNS and that will have the value of the Preferred DNS server: 184.108.40.206 and the Alternate DNS server: 220.127.116.11 and then you will have to click on the‘OK’.
- Then you just go and check the Google Chrome again!
Method 2: You can also use the command prompt
Using the command prompt is definitely a way to get through with what you want. All you will have to do is make sure that the commands are well taken care of. The CMD can be searched in the search bar and then you will have to press on the CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER. This will help you get through with the command prompt and will give you rights as an administrator.
Then you can start with the following commands:
Then you will have to press on the‘Enter‘ key.
Then you will have toirestart your computer.
Once your computer is rebooted you can start on checking with the network connection nevertheless. This will help you with the best results!
Method 3: Releasing and renewing the IP address
Here you can make the use of the command prompt in order to do so. Of course, you can completely make sure that you are at the very first going to the command prompt as stated above. Then you will have to gain on the administrator rights as well. Then you will have to follow the similar instructions as mentioned in the method 2.
Once you are in the command prompt, you can completely start off with the following commands as mentioned below:
Then you will have to press on the Enter key.
Then you will have to type the following command as mentioned
And then again you will have to Press on the very Enter key
You will have to make a note of the fact that there has to be a space between that of the ipconfig & that of the ‘/’ (forward slash).
Then you will have to enter the following command:
And then you will have to press on that of the Enter key.
Once it is done you will have to restart the computer.
Method 4: You will have to clear the very Cache in Chrome
For the very same you will have to follow the following points as mentioned here:
- Firstly you will have to click on the very menu that is available in the right corner on the top. This is represented with the help of the three dots. Then you will have to go on the settings option of course.
- Then you can easily scroll down and then you will find the advanced settings you can click on the option of the ‘Show advanced settings’, and then you will have to click on the very same as well. Then you will have to go under the ‘Privacy settings’, and then you will have to click on the very ‘Clear Browsing Data’.
- Then you will have to check on the ‘Cookies and other site and plug-in data’ and then on that of the ‘Cached images and files’. Then you will have to click on the ‘Clear browsing data’.
- Then you will have to reboot your computer. Once done, go ahead and check if all is alright!
Method 5: You can reinstall chrome or maybe you can try other browsers
Yes, this is an option available to you without any problem at all! You can make sure that if none of the methods work as mentioned above then you can surely try this.
- Firstly you will have to uninstall the chrome. For this, you will have to go to the settings firstly.
- Then you will have to click on that of the ‘System’ that will be available on the other window.
- Then you will have to select the ‘Apps & features’ option. And then you will have to select the Google Chrome that will be available on the list of the applications on the page! Then you will have to click on the very ‘Uninstall’ option. Then you will have to click on the ‘Uninstall’ button and finally, you will have to confirm on the uninstallation.
Once you have completely uninstalled the chrome then you can use the edge to go to the chrome site and download and install it again. All you will have to do is follow the steps as mentioned there.
You can also try and use the other browsers if available on your system for the best results.
The dns_probe_finished_no_internet Error can be definitely a bad thing for you. This is one thing that you will completely want to avoid no matter what! Make sure that the best available methods are utilized. Getting rid of the dns_probe_finished_no_internet Error is one of the easiest things that you can do!
Of course, you must make sure that you understand the relevance problem. In accordance with the problem, the solution can be also used. In case, one solution doesn’t work, it doesn’t mean that none will! So go ahead and repair your dns_probe_finished_no_internet Error today!
Image Credits: https://www.gadgetraid.com/